Friday 5 June 2009

Bring it back home

Today is the day for collecting the big pile of manure using the benefits of modern motorised automation. (See my eariler post for some background) So it's off early in the morning to arrive at 8:30 at the equipment shed, and then on to the field.

Loading the truck was simple and efficient, the tractor, the trailer and the loader all got into the field (and out again) with no problems. A bit tight perhaps through the gate, but OK.

And now I am the proud owner of the biggest heap of manure I have ever had. I do hope my plants appreciate the efforts I go to for them!





The loader looks vicious, but is quite tame really. Here he is, smiling for the camera.














A big gulp of manure....














And into the truck













Finally, it all gets delivered in a big pile in my garden, ready for use

3 comments:

ReedBunting said...

I hope you placed that pile downwind from the gite! Reminds me of being at school many moons ago when the local farmer had been out muck spreading; on sunny days we had to eat our packed lunches outside and if the wind was in the wrong direction it wasn't pleasant at all...

Mark In Mayenne said...

It depends of course on the wind direction..... but the stuff is so well-rotted that there is no smell that I can detect. It's also in a part of the garden where no-one pays much attention to it, round the back by the car park. But I will have to come up with a better place for it sometime soon, because it is a bit too visible.

Jonathan said...

At least you didn't have to get your hands dirty. But I've no doubt that will come later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...