Sunday 25 October 2009

The ends of things

Traumatised as I was by the Caterpillar That Got Away, I decided it was time for a new blogcam. This decision was made easier by the fact that my old, old camera was on its way out. You could turn it on and only sometimes would the lens come out of the case properly; usually it would just get stuck and beep at you.

It is so old it doesn't tell you how many megapixels it offers (2 I think) and the biggest memory card I ever got for it was 128 Megabytes. But it used to take fine pics, and some of the pictures on this blog are taken with it. I bet you can't tell which ones. Here is the old camera, and this is the last picture I did finally manage to take with it, a sad, rainy car park in Laval. How fitting. The camera is for the bin. Someone recently got a Nobel prize for inventing the CCD, the device at its heart. Hmmmmmm.




















This is the new camera, a Digital Ixus from Canon. With a viewfinder so you can take pictures on bright days without having to guess what's on the screen (Just like the old camera, really, which came from the days before they tried to persuade you you didn't need one). And here is the first picture I took with it. Ohhh you lucky readers! Never again will you miss any of those minutae of daily life here in the corner....

5 comments:

ReedBunting said...

Cool! Happy snapping with the new camera! Though the rainy carpark can't have been the last picture, otherwise what did you use to take the pic of the new camera, eh? :)

Mark In Mayenne said...

Yes it was! I had two cameras; the "old" one that takes most of the pics for this blog, and the "old old" one, featured here, that packed up. I took the picture of the new cam with the old one that still works.

@eloh said...

Soooo.....where you taking us first?

Mark In Mayenne said...

Funny you should ask. I have a project in mind that I will share with you shortly.

ReedBunting said...

My brain hurts :( Looking forward to the new project!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...