Thursday 15 October 2009

Nespresso Pro

I don't know about you, but personally I do like a good cup of coffee. And I can't stand it when the coffee on offer is instant in some huge vat, or filtered into a jug which is left to stand for ages and go stale.

So anyway, when we set up the gîte at Domaine de Hallais we decided to make sure that we had decent coffee on offer. We got a Nespresso machine, so our guests can make coffee whenever they like, and it comes with a frothy-milk maker so you can have cappuccinos and lattés. So when you stay here you can drink Nespresso coffee all day if you like. For free. Well, included in the price of accommodation, anyway.

Like all machines it needs a service from time to time and the Nespresso man came today. A fine job he did, too. Here is picture of the machine guts. I thought it was nicely put together. (And as Tim pointed out below in the comments, enough tubes to make a French sausage)

6 comments:

Tim Trent said...

So much French cuisine is the good preparation of entrails. It's lovely to see that this extends to your coffee machine!

Or should I say your Multiple Hot Caffeinated Beverage Creation System?

Mark In Mayenne said...

You're so right Tim I didn't think of it that way, but you could probably make a french sausage from this machine, it's got so many tubes :)

I did check that MHCBCS didn't stand for anything unprintable before I published your comment....

ReedBunting said...

I never knew coffee machines were so complicated... personally I can't stand the stuff, though it smells nice. How mean of it to so smell lovely and yet taste so horrible!

Mark In Mayenne said...

I have to agree that the smell of roasting coffee is so much nicer than the taste.

I remember that when I as a child went shopping in Southampton with my parents, there was a place that roasted coffee towards one end of the high street. Near to Mayes department store. I always remember that warm toasty smell.

Jonathan said...

Ah... coffee. I love it but it isn't too fond of me. I go cold turkey every so often. I bought my partner a Presso hand cranked expresso maker in the summer. It has two levers that you push together, Charles Atlas style, to force the water through the coffee. Very macho and even more fun than drinking it. However, it gets laborious if you have a lot to make.

Mark In Mayenne said...

Now that sounds like a lot of fun, Jonathan. Not suitable for the gîte of course, too many coffeess to make, but I like the idea of a Charles Atlas muscle-building course as part of a daily coffee roune.

I usually drink decaff coffee to avoid the cold turkey, but every so often I weaken and go for the caffeine. (Like this morning because I need to wake up and I'm recovering from a cold) The periodic vile headaches that result get me no sympathy at all, since it's all my fault.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...