Wednesday 31 March 2010

Tiling break

There is at last enough floor area in the room finished so I can get the furniture back in, with a little help from my friends this morning. Life will be back to normal, fairly soon.




















There is a bit left to do around the steps, and in the tower, but this afternoon I decide I've had enough of tiling for the moment. There are Dahlia tubers to be brought indoors after the wife has potted them up. These seem to have survived the -15 degree temperatures, which is a nice surprise. When I dug up the tubers in the Autumn, I was very careful to label them properly so I would know what colour flowers they will make again this year. This tuber is labeled "Bristol Panache". Hmjmmm I can remember that that was the name of one of the varieties I planted, but I can't remember what colour it was.

Meanwhile, the Jasmine is starting to bloom in my conservatory. It makes a gorgeous perfume.

4 comments:

The bike shed said...

It is peeing it down here today - and cold again too; so not much chance to enjoy the spring flowers. Definitely better in France I think

Jonathan said...

Is the left hand picture of Jasmine flowers on its side? They look very dynamic!

Mark In Mayenne said...

The pic is up the right way; the clusters of buds hang down, then grow up towards the light.

xxx said...

i love the smell of jasmine...
i would have to say that it is one of my favourite garden scents along with frangipanis :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...