Sunday 1 December 2013

Happy families

I saw this poster for a mobile phone service while I was in Madrid.  A Samsung Galaxy S4 for ten euros a month, with communications services thrown in.  Sounds good to me.  I have never seen anything as cheap as this in France.   In fact, it's a while since I read it, and I can't remember where, but I remember reading a claim that that France is the most profitable of the EU countries for mobile phone operators.



Now you don't pay roaming charges if you buy your phone in Hampshire, and 'roam' to Dorset.  So the Powers That Be in Europe, have decided that, since we're all one big happy family, you shouldn't have to pay international roaming charges to go from France to Spain, for example.  It will be interesting to see if this gets implemented in full, so that it really is just like going from Hampshire to Dorset - I imagine that the operators will do everything in their power to protect their margins.

But if it does come into play, I know where I'll be going for my phone if the offers in France aren't up to scratch.

1 comment:

James Higham said...

Think I'll just avoid the whole biz of phones.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...