Saturday 26 September 2015

Walkabout

I do enjoy a good walk around the countryside, and last week I took one for no good reason aside from wanting to get out.  I thought that this windmill made a fine sight, standing out against the cloudy backdrop.  Presumably it's still pumping up water, but I wonder how they knew where to put it.  Does dowsing really work?   I don't think that this isolated farm building is inhabited any more.  It looks quite a lonely place to live, if anyone is still there.


Coming back into the village, I note that the ugly, rusty corrugated iron sheets that used to serve as a gate to the local château have been replaced by ugly grey iron gates.  I get the impression that the owner is a bit above country plebs like us, since the first thing he did when he bought the place, was raise the walls, and plant tall-growing trees around the garden.  I parked in his driveway for a few minutes last year to deliver something to the fête that was going on, and in the time time it took me to do so, the owner was out complaining about the car.  I apologised when I moved it and he studiously ignored me, so I have concluded that he's mal élevé too.

The abandoned car is nearer to home.  I'm sure it could find someone to love it and restore it, given the opportunity.



3 comments:

Tim Trent said...

Isn't that the same model as Columbo's soft top version?

James Higham said...

Nice looking car.

Helen Devries said...

I would tow it to the chateau drive....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...