Friday 18 November 2016

New rotated barrier

Some tme ago I mentioned the new automatic barriers being installed just down the road.   I noticed at the time that they were installed such that the barrier wouldn't obstruct the road, but went up and down along the length of the road instead.

Well, the actual barriers have been installed, and the mountings have been rotated so that the barrier will in fact block the road when it is down.  I hope that thing was easy to move.  The little sensor that I take to be infra-red, is now not facing the sensor on the other side of the road.  I assume that it has a wide enough angle of operation to still work.


On the rest for the barrier on the opposite side of the road is what I take to be an electromagnet.  They're not taking any chances on people lifting the thing up by hand, eh?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...