Saturday 23 April 2016

Safety first!

There we are, sitting in a café not far from the beach at Damjan, near Vannes, and there's a shop opposite selling touristy holiday beach gear, including this inflatable whale.  I was struck by the fact that the top of the tail, and much of the right-hand side, were plastered with warning notices. Manufacturers have to cover themselves these days, and I categorise the cost of this under the general heading of "stupid tax".   (Like the extra button press I have to make every time I use the GPS, to release the maker from claims by people who drive to the wrong town)

I especially like the first warning notice here:  The English version reads "No protection against drowning".  This is not true, of course, and you'd think that they'd at least try to get the wording right.  I await a court case where someone drowns despite the presence of this floating whale nearby because they read the warning.



1 comment:

James Higham said...

Maybe I missed it but did you buy it? Lots of fun in the bath tub, of course.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...