Wednesday 18 September 2019

Mill enhancement

Mick Watson, from Portchester, just up the road from Fareham where I used to live, owns a water mill in the village.  He has been renovating it for years, and it now is in a state where the mill wheel can grind flour, and the bread oven can bake bread.  It's becoming an excellent tourist attraction.  More than 2,000 people came to visit it during the village fête on the 15 August.

He's building up some water defences using rocks alongside the river, and he is short of rocks.  It just so happens that I have a dry stone wall and hedge I want to get rid of.  I was planning on doing so this Winter, but I figured I can solve two problems at once.

So Mick asks his co-owner and engineering help, Jean-Claude, to come along to my place with his digger.  The wall and hedge are both dealt with in a single day.  I have to tidy the area and replant some grass, plus there's a fair bit of shredding to do.  But a big job has just disappeared.  Result!





2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

That's what life in the coun try should be like.

James Higham said...

Great progress made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...