Thursday 3 October 2019

Biking in Bretagne

I have had a bicycle for most of my life - riding a bike is pretty much second nature to me.   I can ride over pretty much any thing, though I do draw the line at "stunt riding".     Anita grew up in Southern California, where cycling is less encouraged in the young, and as a consequence is less confident on a bike than I am.  For her, the ideal cycle routes are for, example, disused railway tracks that have been refurbished into bike trails, or towpaths of rivers or canals.

There is a converted disused railway line that runs from Morlaix to Huelgoat, and we chose this for our ride.  We joined it about halfway along, at Scrignac where there was a station that is now a gite, plus parking and easy access to the track.



After the ride we went on to Huelgoat for lunch.  There are pizza restaurants and crêpe restaurants everywhere in Brittany.  We both had a pizza; mine was huge and digesting it took all afternoon.

There is a pretty lake there where you can fish, and an ex-mill where the hydro-electric potential has been destroyed by EDF, if I understand the signs correctly.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...