Tuesday 28 April 2020

A round tuit

There have been numerous jobs around the house and garden that I've been meaning to do, when I could get around to it.   Well, now, in lockdown, I can.

One of the things that has been bugging me is the Box hedge.   It's a slow-growing hedge, it was planted 12 years ago when the individual plants were about 6 inches tall.  Some of it has at last reached the required height.  It got its first trim this week.


The second photo shows part of the near hedge in the first photo, the second hedge a bit farther away, and also on the far right, a short section of the third hedge.  The third hedge hasn't grown as well as the other two, so it will be a couple of years before I have to trim it.   There is a fourth one, even farther away, that is growing even more slowly.  


The Cotoneaster hedge continues to grow like Topsy, and I trimmed that too.   Never, ever plant a Cotoneaster hedge unless you have a mechanical, powered, means of keeping it in shape, that does all the work.    Such as a tractor with a set of trimming blades. 

The arch kind of grew itself, as one year I left the trimming too late, so the excess growth flopped over the gap.  I thought it might make a nice feature.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...