Wednesday 8 December 2021

Revisit

While in England I decided to revisit some old haunts.   I have fond memories of wasting time along the river Meon, floating model boats that I had made, or just exploring.  It's less friendly these days, but still pretty, if only viewable now from the road.


Titchfield Abbey is still magnificent, spotlit in the evening, and the Fisherman's Rest, scene of many under-age drinking bouts, (at least, in my day) is still in business.

I wonder if I was a young teenager, I'd still be able to do what I used to there.  I doubt it.   I wonder what I'd do instead.

2 comments:

James Higham said...

Maybe France is the place to be just now.

CherryPie said...

It is always nice to find that places with fond memories are still there for others to continue to enjoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...