Monday 23 May 2022

A new instrument

Well, not brand new, since I bought it second-hand, but new to me*.   Since my solo instrument (flute) no longer works for me, and I can "do" keyboards, I'm thinking that this might well represent a new opportunity for soloing.  At the moment I'm exploring the sounds, and playing along to some of the tracks I used to play along to with the flute.   Some work better than others.

It hangs from the player's neck by a strap, and is played with the right hand.  The left hand operates the switches, pitch control and effects.   It's a Roland Ax-Edge, a specific example of a Keytar.


*The French make a clear distinction between brand new, and new-to-me.  Neuf or neuve indicates brand new, and nouveau or nouvelle indicates new to me.   So if someone is saying "My Dad's got a new car", they will describe it as a voiture neuve if it's fresh from the showroom, and if it's a used car, they'll use nouvelle voiture.

2 comments:

James Higham said...

Well all I can say is it looks very snazzy from here.

Mark In Mayenne said...

It has a snaz elemnt, sure. A bit plasticky to hold, but it works well enough.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...