Wednesday 21 October 2009

The Caterpillar that got away

While I was gardening the other day I came across an enormous, huge, as big as my index finger, hairy, caterpillar trundling its way across my path. Knowing how this would fascinate you, my avid reader, I went indoors to fetch my trusty blogcam to take a picture.

Tragedy! When I came back, it was gone. Disappeared. Never to be seen again. Knowing how disappointed you would be to hear this, I have done my best to recreate the scene for you.




This is where the caterpillar would have been if it hadn't scarpered.


















This is how huge it was


















This is how furry it was.















But it did make me think that I should perhaps invest in a small pocket-sized blogcam that I can keep with me at all times, so this kind of disaster doesn't repeat itself. It doesn't have to be very fancy; most of the pics on the blog are at 600x450 only, but it does have to slip into my back pocket, and therefore also withstand being sat on. I will keep you posted.

4 comments:

ReedBunting said...

:) Now *that* would have been a caterpillar worth seeing!!! Good luck on finding the perfect camera, so we never have to miss anything ever again!

Tim Trent said...

You are gloriously insane.

Absynthe? Or possibly bread baked with Ergot?

Are there, perchance, plans to install a new urinal in the village square?

Jonathan said...

You'd make a great fisherman.

Mark In Mayenne said...

Hi RB, it certainly was worth seeing! I'm camera shopping next week I think so i'll let you know.

Tim, yep, off me rocker. No plans for public urinals I think, but here in ClochemerleVille it takes ten signatures before you can cut a tree down.

Jonathan - I used to fish, how on earth did you guess?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...