Wednesday 15 February 2017

Pool maintenance

The swimming pool needs emptying and cleaning about this time of year, and I took the opportunity to replace the filter pump with a new one.

The old pump started leaking (at the bushes) about 4 years ago, after about four years' use, then it quickly siezed up.  I got it repaired, but the price of the fix plus the guy to take it away, repair it and re-install it came to about the price of a new pump.  So the plan was to get a new pump as a spare so that I can do a quick swap to fix things in case of future problems, then repair the failed pump at lesiure.

When the local pool shop had a special offer on some new pumps I got one of about the right power - it was a quarter of the price of the current one: too big a bargain to pass over.   I have just installed it as part of the pool cleaning project.  It didn't have quite the same dimensions as the old pump, but there is some slack in the connecting pipes; enough to be able to fit it.  I had to get an adapter too, since the "in" hole is slightly smaller, but it seems to do the trick.

And  I still have the old pump to use as a spare in case of emergencies.






2 comments:

James Higham said...

That sounds one heck of a job.

James Higham said...

How's it coming on?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...