Thursday 19 December 2019

Flowering spikes

When my friend gave me the orchid, he suggested I keep it outside in the Summer to stop it getting too hot in my conservatory, and bring it in for the Winter.   I didn't take it outside the first year, but it didn't seem to suffer any - I got four flower spikes off it around January.

The subsequent year I put it out, and was rewarded with an extra spike of flowers; five last year.

This year, after the same process, I have seven flower spikes; Three are out now, two will follow shortly after and two more are in the early stages.   I'm not counting my chickens, but experience tells me I should get a long flowering period.


2 comments:

James Higham said...

Very tricky flowers to keep up to scratch. Well done.

CherryPie said...

The orchid is a work in progress. All it needs is a little bit of love and TLC :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...