Thursday 28 January 2021

A kickstart Oyo Nova

I have an exercise bike in front of the TV so I can be doing something useful while the news is on.   Walking and biking in the countryside are by far my favourite forms of exercise, but not if the weather is miserable.   So if I haven't been able to get out, I will often ride the exercise bike in the evening.

This is all very well for burning the calories and keeping the legs in trim, but doesn't do much for the upper body.   I do have some weights in the little gym in the gîte but weights aren't really compatible with normal living space, or watching TV.  So I was intrigued by a kickstarter program for a compact exercise device that uses rubber the resistance.   Here is a pic.

The resistance is provided by the black disks with short lengths of rubber in the middle, attached to the metal ring.   You can attach or detach the disks to change the force needed to bring the two arms together.  The handles on the ends of the arms can also be pulled outwards against the resistance.

I had not participated in a crowdfunding project before, but it seemed to work fine; I paid the money and waited, while various updates on the manufacturing and design process were posted, and in due course the thing arrived.  It does what was claimed for it, it sits discreetly on the floor beside the sofa, and I use it when I feel like it.

1 comment:

Woodsy42 said...

I have a thing in my garage vaguely like that for clamping wood joints together - just the same colour too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...