Sunday 31 January 2021

Mobile

We recently got the new cellphone antenna installed in the village, only a few years late.   At first, it wasn't working properly for Orange users (me), but that has been sorted.   So I now get text messages within half a minute of them being sent, which helps with the 2-step authorisation process for paying for internet purchases with my credit card.   And I can receive voice calls too.  But we're right on the edge of the coverage and depending on how many walls are between me and the antenna, calls are of variable quality.

But on my recent walk, I see the following notice, just down the road, of the installation of a mobile phone antenna.  It turns out that this will be installed in the valley, 7m high on the wall of the museum there that faces our place.  50 yards away and in line of sight.  Can't wait.



1 comment:

Helen Devries said...

I don't know what we would have done if that authorisation system had existed when we lived in France....a messenger with a cleft stick would have been faster!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...