Thursday 28 March 2024

The British Car Museum

We were up near Kennilworth for an exhibition of miniatures: Anita wanted to downsize her collection, and we went to sell some.  It was held at the National Agricultural Exhibition Centre at Stoneleigh.  I didn't know there is one.

While we were there I checked out the local area on Googly maps and saw that on our way home we would pass the British Motor Museum.   I wouldn't call myself a petrol-head but I do have a passing interest in cars, so we decided to take a look on our way.  We were both impressed.

We thought the building was new, it was in such good decorative condition, but we were told that it had just celebrated its 30th anniversary.   And the cars were immaculate.   I didn't see the old Rover models that I used to drive, but the Queen's old rover was there, and the Queen Mum's limo too.   In fact most cars had something of special interest about them; the first and last production E-Types, for example;


There was some humour too.  Lady Penelope's car, not far from Dell Boy's.


Well worth a visit, even if you're not a petrol-head.


3 comments:

microdave said...

I went there last month, and agree it's an amazing place. I ran out of time (my bad hip started protesting!), but since admission gets you get a 12 month repeat pass I'm intending to return and have a better look at the "Reserve Collection" & Jaguar Heritage building.

CherryPie said...

I have not heard of the exhibition centre either. I didn't see it signposted when we visited Stoneleigh Abbey a couple of weeks ago!

It is a few years since I visited the British Motor Museum. It remember that it has some interesting exhibits. We visited Compton Verney on the same day, also well worth a visit.

James Higham said...

A blissful half day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...