Monday 1 March 2010

Fixing a hole

There was a bad storm in France yesterday and the previous night, leaving many homes flooded and tens of thousands of people without electricity. So I'm glad we were spared the worst and I just have a few tiles off the roof. A slipped tile is not normally an urgent problem, but a few adjacent ones had fallen, leaving a hole. So today, now the wind has dropped and it's not raining, I'm up a ladder sorting things out.

*Sings*
I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in,
And stops my mind from wandering
Where it will go......

4 comments:

Lia said...

I was wondering if you had got hit by the strom, glad it's nothing more than a few tiles and a hole to sort out.
I realise that it's a pain, but at last it's not as bad as some people have it right now.

Why is no one footing that ladder for you tut tut boys, your all part of the crazy gang.

Much love
Lia
xx

Tim Trent said...

You need one of those ladders that hooks over the ridge, don't you? The ladder on the roof looks scary to me.

Jonathan said...

Please either convince me that really is safe or get the proper kit before you go up there again.

xxx said...

That is a wonderful photo...
I agree with the others that it looks a little unsafe!

I am also happy to read that you did not receive the worst of the storm, but sorry to hear about others who have lost their lives becasue of it.

Take care and I hope you don't need to get back onto that roof again in a hurry.

Ribbon :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...