Friday 25 August 2017

Good veg

I was chatting to the chef at the restaurant down the road, and mentioned that we spent the last week in the département of the Lot.   He observed that the vegetables that are grown down there are of excellent quality.  If our visit to the Friday market at Prayssac is anything to go by, he is not wrong.

Enormous onions, sweet peppers, aubergines, tomatoes, and so on (plus goats' cheese, ducks and foie gras), plus an introduction to échaillons, a cross between onions and shallots that I had not seen before.  They had house leeks too.  I like house leeks (for decoration, that is; the romans used to eat them).




1 comment:

CherryPie said...

The veg looks succulent and delicious :-)

The house leeks I would plant in my garden rather than eat them ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...