Sunday 18 August 2019

Camping

Our first and only camping holiday as a couple was a bit of a disaster, since when Anita has refused to camp.  I am just back from a week's flute course in the Lot, on a little ex-farm called Cubertou.  I camped.   I worked out that if I didn't stay in the farm accommodation, I could use the money I'd save to buy all the camping gear I would need, and have a fair amount left over.  So I did.

The tent is described as being "two seconds".  It took me longer than that.  It is pretty nifty though, and packs down (it takes a couple of minutes, after a bit of practice) into a thick disc.  I should have bought a warmer sleeping bag, though.  Expecting hot days and warm nights, I bought a bag designed for 20°C nights.  They were 10°C.  Extra clothing was needed.

The inflatable mattress came with an integral foot pump, and worked a treat.



The flute course was great, it's always a pleasure to spend time with fellow enthusiasts.   It's difficult to share the experience via a blog since it's all about the people involved; it's a personal thing.  The course tutor, Philippa Davies is a world-class flutist, an excellent and inspiring teacher.  The highlight of the course for me, was the concert she gave, with her husband at the piano, in the little church at Thézac, a short drive from Cubertou.


4 comments:

Tim Trent said...

What I like especially about your tent is how it unfurls from a disc into a huge floor space with stained glass windows, a piano, a flautist with music stand and some seating.

I expect the stone floor make the sleeping bag too cool. too

James Higham said...

And what did Anita think of it all?

CherryPie said...

I have been, seen and experienced camping. I almost loved it, but then I encountered B&B. There was no going back ;-)

Mark In Mayenne said...

Hi James, ANita stayed at home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...