Saturday 3 August 2019

Hay there!

The field down the road was recently cropped into lots of little cylindrical bales of hay.   They had to be moved to a different field, and a guy came around with a tractor and flat loader to move them.  The standard way is steep, too steep for his machines, so he asked if he could transport them via my garden.  No problem.   He gave me four bales at the end.  I gave one to Leo, the others are for the Dahlias at the end of the year, and for the strawberries.


3 comments:

James Higham said...

And that’s the way things should work.

CherryPie said...

I love the small imperfectly formed bale of hay. They contrast with the more mass produced perfectly formed bales that I am used to (quite often encased in plastic!

Mark In Mayenne said...

I think the imperfection, Cherie, is down to my having rolled the bale 100 yards or so to the veg patch :)

James - I think it's the way things will work more and more in the future.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...