Wednesday 15 July 2020

Singing for supper

Well, not really supper, and not really singing, but playing some gentle Latin rhythms for the diners at the restaurant down the road.   They're a good friendly bunch down there, and I often go for a morning coffee, and natter.     Recently they held a "fête d'été", a Summer festival, and asked if I could play.

There are many good books of simple music that come with a backing track on CD.   It doesn't have to be "serious" classical music, but it's fine as an accompaniment to an evening meal or "apéros", the before-dinner drinks and nibbles.   And I can sight-read it, or nearly.   So I took down my book of sheet music, music stand, my flute, my flute mic, the android tablet with the backing tracks on, and my portable battery-powered speaker (It's so easy to forget something, and everything is necessary)  I played for 40 minutes or so, the duration of all the pieces in the book.


A free lunch is in the offing.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...