Wednesday 1 July 2020

Totting

An aspect of our life in France that is noticeably different from that in the UK is that we visit the local municipal recycling centre much more often.   When we lived in Staines, I think we might have gone to the local dump perhaps three times in the couple of decades we lived there.   Here we seem to go once a fortnight.

I have been meaning to get a new bench or stool for my piano keyboard.   It has to have wheels since I also have a PC as an audio workstation and I scoot between the two.   What should I see in the skip during our last dump visit, but an abandoned office chair with wheels.   I took it.

It turned out that the back was broken; the bit of plastic that attaches the back to its mounting had cracked.  But I don't need a back on a piano stool, so I took it all off.   It's perfect for the job.






1 comment:

helen devries said...

Super...real recucling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...