Tuesday 16 February 2021

Aubergines

I started my aubergines too late last year.  Or perhaps I planted them out too early when it was still too cold.   In any case, I didn't get any fruits.

According to the seed packet, they can be planted from January, so that's when I did.   They're in a warmed propagator that my Mum bought for me ages ago.  The seeds have germinated and the seedlings survived in the conservatory during the cold spell, with a little help from the bottom heat.

We still have plenty of chillis in the freezer so I have strict instructions not to try those again this year:  next on the agenda are sweet peppers. I didn't have any luck with those last year either, so I'l wait until the aubergines are out of the propagator.   



2 comments:

James Higham said...

“Strict instructions” - love it.

How do you cook the aubergines?

Mark In Mayenne said...

Hi James,
Anita cooks the aubergines in various ways - they're an ingredient in moussaka, but they can be cooked as a vegetable on their own - sliced, sprinkled with seasoning and and baked in an oven (along with other veg if required), it's an ingredient in ratatouille, or you can purée it, stuff it, etc. Mostly we use it for moussaka.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...