Thursday 17 June 2021

Monday garden

We came back home on Monday, we chose not to take the option of breakfast in the hotel, and so we set off looking for something to eat.   We were a bit early.   

When I used to organise business meetings in London, I would arrange them for 9 o'clock.   It was my pleasure to get up early, hit the road at about 6.30 and I could be in central London in less than an hour.   There was never any traffic.   I'd park up, find a restaurant and have a toasted bacon sandwich with coffee, and watch the city wake up as I planned the meeting and enjoyed breakfast.  Walking around the empty St Malo streets at 8.00 on Monday morning reminded me of that.

We found a place eventually, and after a slow start we set off for the Parc Botanique de Haute Bretagne.  What a garden!   We got there at lunchtime so we ate at the little on-site restaurant that was really excellent - the kind of delight that you can sometines find in little corners of France.   And the garden is spectacular, perhaps the best one I have seen.  Worth a visit for anyone who has the slightest interest in gardens.   And only an hour away from our place.  To re-visit.



1 comment:

CherryPie said...

The garden looks wonderful.

On my recent holiday I managed to revisit the Peto gardens. They have always been closed on the days that I passed by them in recent years.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...