Friday 20 August 2021

Garden work (Continued)

I trim the hedge twice a year.   I always think of it as a long hard slog, but perhaps if I did it a bit more often, it would be less difficult.  It takes about three afternoons to cut it, but that's because I leave it so long that I have to spend quite a lot of time setting eyelines to make sure that the result is straight and level.  Perhaps if I could still see the outlines of the last trimming it would be easier.

The shredder in the foreground does a fine job of turning the trimmings into a ground cover to suppress weeds.  The long-throw trimmer hanging on the scaffold reaches 3/4 across the hedge.   The standard trimmer on the ground is for doing the vertical sides.

3 comments:

Tim Trent said...

I'm envious of your shredder. I bought a poor one that jams regularly because some idiot designed it with fins own the output chute

CherryPie said...

Our local council trim the back (beyond our garden) and the top of the hedge twice a year leaving us to trim the side of the hedge that is in our garden.

This years weather conditions have caused the hedge to grow more than usual. We need to get onto it in September when the birdies have all left the nest.

James Higham said...

The solution is in your own hands then, Mark. 😁

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...