Friday 26 March 2021

Pont-Aven

Pont-Aven really is a pretty little town, evolved around the river that rushes down the valley.   It used to feature a number of water mills that have fallen into disuse these days, but that will find their place in the future, I imagine.   There is a raised pedestrian walkway that takes you along the river to various shops and restaurants, and that allows you to enjoy the river in its various aspects.


I was amused by the WC suspended over the river.   I don't know how the plumbing works today, but I can guess how it used to work.

It even had a chocolate shop, featuring choloate lollipops; I haven't seen those before.  What's not to like?



2 comments:

The bike shed said...

Looks like there is nothing not to like. The toilet is funny but rather good in its way.

CherryPie said...

The village looks quaint I love the old architecture :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...