Wednesday 24 March 2021

The gardens

While staying in Concarneau we visited three different gardens, all of which featured acid-loving plants.    We were a little early in the season,  so the Magnolias and Camelias were in full bloom, the Rhododendrons were a little behind, and the Azaleas were mostly not open yet.

The gardens that we visited were the Domaine de Trevarez, the Domaine de Boutiguery, and the Chateau de Laniron.  Trevarez features an enormous red chateau, the last to be built in France, occupied by the germans and bombed by the allies.



3 comments:

The bike shed said...

I like the idea of 'acid-loving plants' - I know one or two people like that (sadly) and they aren't as attractive as thee blooms.

Mark In Mayenne said...

Hi, yes I thought of the double-entendre as I wrote that, but didn't think anyone would take me up on it :)

CherryPie said...

Interesting architecture and beautiful blooms.

I am conflicted on hearing their acidic nature. But there again not! The blooms have resisted the acid they were nurtured in ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...