Monday 8 March 2021

The phoenix greenhouse

We saw the ad on a billboard while driving in to Laval, some time ago.  A plastic-covered greenhouse about 6 square metres, for €50.   I was looking for a greenhouse, so why not give it a try?

The frame is made from steel tubes that are held together with plastic connectors, of different shapes for the different types of junction.   I put it up in Springtime, near  the veg patch.  We had a gale.  The greenhouse was trashed.   Although the cover didn't blow away (I had tied it to a tree), most of the plastic connectors had bent, broken, or come undone.  They were unuseable.

Anita found a replacement set on the interweb, cost €35, nearly what I paid for the whole greenhouse, but given the situation, it seemed like a sensible buy.   I needed a greenhouse, had a cover and some steel rods for a frame, so we bought them.

I put the greenhouse up again yesterday, in what I hope is a more sheltered part of the garden.  I have tied it to the ground again, just in case.  If this doesn't work, I'll have to go for a plan 'B'.



1 comment:

CherryPie said...

Your new arrangement seems promising :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...