Wednesday 13 April 2022

Beans, beans, good for the heart

It's planting time again, although with this warm Springtime, I feel like I'm behind already.   I am planting Borlotto beans and climbing French beans today (and a few runners).   The Borlottos are beige with red flecks and contribute to an excellent cassoulet that Anita makes; the French beans are white and make delicious green bean pods.

I am trying a new kind of climbing frame for the beans this year.   One is the usual type, using bamboo stakes with hazlenut twigs between them for support.  The other is a new one for me - I have built the frame out of bamboo as usual, but the support is an iron rebar grid that I bought ages ago in anticipation of a project that I didn't do, and that has been annoying me ever since.

We shall see if it works OK.   I'll be putting in melon seeds and sweet corn too, later today.

1 comment:

James Higham said...

I knew they were good for something. Heart eh? Go to it rightly and don't do your back in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...