Monday 23 March 2020

New tool

I got a new tool the other day, a battery-powered impact wrench in the Ryobi One+ 18 volt range.  It's one of the newer tools, with a brushless motor.   I'm not familiar with impact wrenches, not having used one before, so using it was a new experience for me.

I had to remove and replace a blunt mower blade from the sit-on mower, which is a job for which I normally use the big adjustable spanner.  With the spanner it's difficult.  I have to brace myself against the blade to stop it turning, then heave on the wrench with most of my strength. It usually comes off OK, but it's awkward.

I tried the impact wrench.  BZZZZZZT and the blade was off, didn't take one second.  I had to smile, I was impressed.


1 comment:

James Higham said...

We boys do like our tools. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...